As you know, September is Attendance Awareness Month, a month dedicated to showing how attendance is essential to school success. Absences, excused and unexcused, can quickly add up to cause academic trouble.
So in an effort to continue spreading the importance of reducing chronic absenteeism, we have put together some riveting facts and quotes that we hope you will share. By sharing the photos you will be saying that you agree that attendance is important, and will hopefully be inspiring others to think the same!
So choose your favorites, and share away!
1. "When students improve their attendance rates, they improve their academic prospects and chances for graduating." - Attendance Works
2. "80% of success is showing up!"
3. "Attend today, and achieve tomorrow."
4. "School keeps you safe, it educates you, it prepares you for your future. Don't miss out!"
5. "By 6th grade, chronic absence becomes a leading indicator that a student will drop out of high school." - Attendance Works
6. "Positive student behavior support helps educators and parents appreciate good behavior, and motivates all students to achieve."
7. "Positive school climates not only minimize unnecesssary suspensions and expulsions, but also reduce disorder in the classroom and bolster learning." - Arne Duncan, Former U.S. Secretary of Education
8. "Absences add up! Missing just 2 days a month means a child misses 10% of the school year." - Attendance Counts
9. "Students who regularly meet with mentors are 52% less likely than their peers to skip a day of school, 37% less likely than their peers to skip a class period, and are 36% more likely to aspire to enroll in and graduate from college." - Mobius Mentors
10. "Truancy Prevention: Questions Every Principal Should Ask" - Free Spirit Publishing
Want more great resources like these every week?